Dear Canticle Singers CYC Parents and Choristers,
It is almost Spring! HOORAY!!! And for me that means J. S. Bach’s Birthday (March 21), Easter Sunday: The LORD JESUS IS RISEN!!! (April 16), the Boston Pueri Cantores Choral Festival (April 29), and the CSCYC Spring Concert (May 21). This is an exciting time!
A few items of special note…
1. A friendly reminder that we are asking every chorister (and available family members) to sign up for at least one 2 hour shift for the Car Wash Fundraiser on Saturday, April 8th: The shifts are 9-11AM, 11AM-1PM, and 1-3PM. If you have not already signed up, please do so immediately! The Car Wash will be at the Blessed Sacrament Church Parking Lot in Wintersville.
2. Our next CSCYC MASS is on Easter Sunday, April 16, at 10:00 AM at Saint Peter Church in Steubenville. We are planning to sing the Hallelujah Chorus by G. F. Handel at that Mass. The choristers are asked to arrive promptly at 9:00 AM downstairs in the church hall for rehearsal before Mass. Instead of our choir robes, the attire for that day will be to wear our Easter Sunday best! If you will not be available to sing at the Easter Sunday Mass, please let me know immediately.
3. For those attending the Boston Pueri Cantores Choral Festival the weekend of April 28-30, the payment for the trip is due on Saturday, April 1st. The cost for the trip is $75 per person (adult and youth). (Note: This amount is $20 less than what was stated at the parents meeting.) Please write the checks payable to Canticle Singers CYC, and write in the memo “Boston PC Festival.” You may hand the payment to me in person at rehearsal on Tuesday, March 28, or mail it to my home address at 1234 Ridge Avenue, Steubenville, OH 43952.
4. Knights of Columbus Council 11828 has offered us a fundraising opportunity that will benefit our choir. It is the “2017 Super Cash Bonanza”. Raffle tickets are $5 each, and for every ticket we sell, Canticle Singers CYC will receive $2.50. There are 25 prizes ranging from $49,680 down to $500. The drawing date is May 27, 2017. SPECIAL NOTE: The prize money goes to the individual who bought the ticket, not to Canticle Singers. I will be giving an envelope with 10 tickets each to the choristers at rehearsal on Tuesday, March 21st. Good luck!
5. We need a generous donor to pay for recording and videotaping our Spring Concert on Sunday, May 21, 2017, at 3:00 PM at Blessed Sacrament Church. The cost to record and videotape professionally is $900. Please let me know of anyone you know who might be able and willing to cover this cost.
6. Marc Barnes and his fiancee, Maura McKeegan, have asked Canticle Singers CYC to sing at their Wedding Mass on Saturday, June 10, 2017, at 11:00 AM at Saint Peter Church in Steubenville. Please let me know by March 31 who is available and willing sing at this special celebration.
7. Younger Choristers, between the ages of 7-11, have an opportunity to attend the “SUMMER SINGERS” Music Camp presented by Pittsburgh Youth Chorus. The Camp is scheduled for August 7-11, 2017 (Monday-Friday), 9:00AM-3:00PM at Pittsburgh Opera Headquarters, 2425 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA. The cost is $275 per person. A flier with this information was given to our younger choristers this past Tuesday at rehearsal. If anyone in this age group is interested and did not get a flier, please contact me.
8. Finally, in case I have not said it enough, let me say THANK YOU!!! to the parents of our members for your many sacrifices and efforts in driving our choristers to and from our weekly rehearsals and our monthly performances. I know it is not easy and I greatly appreciate all that you do! Please keep our ministry in your daily prayers.